Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Summer in a Nutshell Pt. 1

There will be several parts to this post, summer was pretty eventful-ish.  Let's start out with the painting at church.  Me, several of my friends from church and their moms, and my mom painted a Sunday School room to resemble a backyard.  We've certainly come a long way!!!


Painting over orange is NOT fun



Very bright and cheery, don't you think?



Cute little clouds!




These two girls were our "detail" painters... we couldn't have done it without them!





There were some memorable moments :)


Next is my trip to Camp Redcloud in Colorado.  One of the highlights of my entire summer, I must say!  Sadly, I only had disposable cameras to work with while I was there, so I only have "before" pictures....



Ignite Junior High youth group about to drive for 20 hours to Redcloud! (yay....) As many of you heard, we experienced some car troubles on the way there... which resulted in staying a night in a sketchy motel, food poisoning, a rather relaxing stay at a lake, waiting for 45 minutes on the side of the road, and waiting for 2 hours in a Walmart parking lot.  But it was a GREAT trip!!!! :)








Then there was the traditional few stops at Pine Lake.  The boys had a great time!  We also went camping a few times over the summer as well.








There was visits from cousins, birthdays, baseball, football, tree climbing, and tubing.

To be continued...










No comments:

Post a Comment