Friday, June 15, 2012

Race for the Cure

We did it!  Our whole family completed the Race for the Cure!  It was on Saturday, June 9th, at the i-wireless center.  We had a blast!!!!  Thankfully, my mom remembered the camera, so here are some fun pictures!



the Grandview group...









pre-race...




stretching...
(sorry about Joe's - I can't figure out how to turn this around :)






about to start...



the starting line...
fun fact: It took us about 6 minutes to get from where we started to the starting line!





mid-race...



this picture brings back memories... painful memories!
Peter had started to get really tired and he kept begging me for a piggy-back ride.  So I finally said yes, and I carried him for about 10 minutes.  He kept choking me to death hanging on my neck, so I told him to hang on to my shoulders.  I had forgotten one little thing - I had gotten a sunburn on my shoulders the day before... ouch!



the finish line!

Me, the boys, and my dad ran the last mile or so.  We had to stop a few times for Sam to tie his shoe and for Peter to catch his breath - but otherwise we made it!







post-race...

My mom disappeared for about 20 minutes after the race, and she showed up with a few donuts in hand from the "Survivor's Village".  Lucky... :)  The Post-race activities were very exciting.  There was apples and bananas, water, (melted) freezer pops, and free sashes!  There were a few bands playing as well.

It was a really fun morning, but my one regret is that I should have stretched more.  :)


















1 comment:

  1. Looks like sweaty fun! And that is totally Atley's typical face. :)

    ReplyDelete