Saturday, April 7, 2012

Whoops!!!

Well, sorry it's been so long.  I've had a few requests for a new post, so here goes.

Spring break started on... ummmm...... Monday (not counting the weekend) and I go back to school on Tuesday.  Sigh.  I was sick Monday-Wednesday of the week that Easter break started, so I've kinda been overwhelmed with all of the makeup work.  I finished most of it, but now I have like 5 ginormous projects to work on.  Yikes.

Other than that, it's been a great spring break.  On Monday, we drove up to Dubuque to the Mississippi River museum.  It's a really fun place - really family friendly.  The boys had a blast!  It had a lot of fish (it was part aquarium).  There was a catfish that was at least as big as me!!!  And the little man that some of you have come to know was fairly quiet throughout the whole trip.  :) We took a ton of pictures that hopefully will be uploaded soon!

Last night, Grandview had their first Good Friday service.  Really laid-back, a few songs, some scripture.  It was really nice.

Easter!!!!!  It came so fast, didn't it?  Haha, I just thought of this morning when my mom was thinking about ideas for a fun shape for the cake to bring to my grandma's house tomorrow.  My dad suggested the tombstone that the angel rolled away. :)  Speaking of which, I really enjoyed hearing my pastor read the Easter story.  I love really understanding it more each year.  Of how Jesus Christ was crucified to save us from our sins.  How he rose again on Easter Sunday.  I think about how I sometimes forget the meanings of holidays like Easter and Christmas.  All of the worldly things that distract us from what we are truly celebrating.  As a very childish person, (ha ha) I try to get better at that each year.  So with that being said,

HAVE A HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment