Monday, January 30, 2012

Play Practice

If you didn't already know this, I was accepted into the school play in early January.  The play is called: Murder Can Be Habit Forming.  I know, sounds pleasant, right?  Oh, by the way, the "habit" part comes from the many roles of nuns in the play.  The story begins with a bus full of people who get lost in a snowstorm and end up at this nuns' convent.  About an hour before they get there, a waitress, Mary, at a diner was murdered.  The "Mary Murderer" had been strangling women named Mary.  So when the people from the bus gets there, everyone suspects the murderer is one of them, since they had just come from the diner.  Also, almost all of the women on the bus just happen to be named Mary, and all of the nuns are Mary's too!  So it's a comedy/mystery, and I really enjoy the practices (every day after school until 5:30 - yikes!).  I play a woman on the bus named Mary Adams (ha, ha) and at the end of the play, when we find the bad guy, I get to whack him on the head with a sword :).  My character is actually an under-cover policewoman, on the case of the Mary Murderer.  My real name is Hallie Yarboro.  So I just thought I would post about something my mind has been on lately, since I haven't posted in a while.  I've been SUPER tired, but I really enjoy it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I have just the best memories of doing theatre all through high school. Enjoy! Ps - I also remember seeing your mom in one of her high school plays too I believe :)

    ReplyDelete