Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Wow.  2012.  2011 completely gone.  Whew, a new start!  I don't usually make resolutions, but I am going to have 2 this year.  The first one:  Get rid of something in my room at least once a week.  So far I've disposed of a Whoppers box that I kept because it smelled like chocolate.  :)  Resolution #2:  My close friend's dad got baptized today, and he gave a moving talk about his resolution.  It's when you worry, pray.  If you worry ten minutes later, pray again.  I'm going to keep that one up!  We spent New Year's Eve at a family friend's house.  At midnight, the boys went outside and banged on pots and pans. :)  We watched the Dick Clark Times Square show, and got a little bit of entertainment out of that!  On our way home, this conversation occurred:

Mom:  Let's see, who have I not given a New Year hug yet?  Umm....... Janie and Joe.
Sam:  And me!
Mom:  You're right, because I tried to give you one,but you wiggled out.
Pete:  What about Daddy?
Mom:  I'll give Daddy a New Year hug and kiss!!!!! (smooching sounds)
Dad:  (silence)

Give a New Year hug to somebody today!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment